Friday, September 08, 2006

Ranting here

I'm watching a very good movie, made in 1964, called "The Best Man", written by Gore Vidal, about the fight to become President.

It's wonderful, open, honest in the dishonesty that politicians deal in when trying to cull votes. And it reminds me of the mess of affairs in America today. The lies, the dishonesty, the deceit - and the fact that *none* of it is being addressed.

In 1972 (or was it 1974), they *kicked* Nixon out and Bush has done much, much worse and the media sit on their fat asses and do nothing, for the most part.

Keith Olbermann is a brave man (as I noted somewhere else) to speak out against Donald Rumsfeld, the incompetent ass who is allowing thousands of soldiers and civilians to be killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This truly is the *worst* President *ever*. I am saddened and appalled.

And women's rights are being threatened daily by people (mainly men) who want to take away their right to choose, to be atonomous human beings, not under anyone's patriarchal thumb.

I thank God every day that I live in Canada. Stephen Harper will be kicked out, hopefully sooner than later, and we'll embrace the corrupt Liberals, who at least don't give a shit about interfering in people's bedrooms and lifestyles.

Yeah, I guess this qualifies as a rant.

And Disney and ABC and Scholastic - wtf?

America is sliding very quickly into a fascist state - where you can't say anything against the government or you'll be called a traitor or worse.

It's terribly sad to see how much it has declined in the time that Dubya has been in power. It's scary. I used to read science fiction books about dictators in the United States - and now - those books are way less scary than what I read every single day about the lies and corruption in the U.S.

I don't gloat over this. It's incredibly depressing.

2 comments:

Dio said...

I now cringe at the name "Disney."

::is sad & horrified::

Sylvike said...

I *know*. I'm horrified that ABC and Disney did this. I can't really wrap my mind around it. I've been reading *so* much over on lj and it's just *unbelievable*.

I found a *link* to an article which explains that someone who now works for Disney, worked for the GOP before and is in a very high position at Disney.

I don't want to wish Disney ill, but they really need to be made aware of the shit they're sitting in.

It's horrible and gross.